The funding process
The Aitc programme helps entrepreneurs to successfully raise growth capital through training and support.
Every 3 months, typically 10 companies are selected from a competitive process to present their investment opportunities to the angels in the city communities.
- Submitting an application - Send a copy of your executive summary or investment deck. Ensure you state the following clearly in your email:
- Company Name
- Funding Requirement
- Sector + Stage
- Location (we can only consider London opportunities)
- Application review - A member of the London Business Angels investment team will carefully assess the plan - we may contact you if we have any questions about your documents prior to inviting you in.
- Initial interview - Should the team feel your business plan fits our selection criteria we will schedule an interview with you to review all aspects of your company. This meeting normally takes 30 - 60 minutes and is a two way process - please feel free to ask us anything about the investment process.
- Company presentation offer letter - If successful you will be invited to register with London Business Angels to pitch at our next Company Presentation Event. You will be one of 8-10 EIS/SEIS eligible companies and will present your business proposal directly to the Angels in the City community of investors.
- Company presentation training sessions - After you register, you will be required to attend two half-day training sessions at our offices to help you prepare for your funding pitch, as well as extensive support by telephone and email to help you get investment ready, as part of these training sessions you will be provided with guidance on your presentation and executive summary contents, an overview of how to raise business angel funding, complimentary legal advice as well as training on delivery of your pitch from our professional coaches.
This training programme includes:
* Advice on the investment process and how to interact with the investment community
* Professional presentation training and feedback
* Fine tuning powerpoint presentations and executive summaries
* Complimentary professional advice on all aspects of the programme
We also provide selected companies with a standard toolkit including standard term sheets and due diligence checklist.
- Company presentation event - The big day. You will have 7 minutes to present your business directly to up to 80 investors, followed by circa 5 minutes Q&A. You will also have a stand at the event with which to present your product or service, with plenty of networking opportunities throughout the evening to discuss your business opportunity with investors and hand out copies of your business plan.
- Syndicate Meetings - Following the event you will arrange syndication meetings with investors with a view to securing your funding. We will continue to be available to offer advice to help you along the way.
- Securing Funding - Success! We will work with you develop a press release, to be published on our website, Twitter, the BBAA website and BBAA Newsletter amongst others, and hope you will keep in touch. A number of companies who have successfully raised LBA funding have come back to us again for follow on investment through the network.
The LBA EIS/SEIS Co-Investment Funds
In addition to the Angels in the City investment community, providing certain conditions are met, entrepreneurs can potentially access funding from the LBA EIS/SEIS Roundtable Syndicate Funds. In addition, subject to certain criteria, the £100m Angel Co-Investment Fund and the £25m London Co-Investment Fund can potentially co-invest in a round.